For ENSW Practices
Thank you for participating in EvidenceNOW Southwest (ENSW): Advancing Heart Health in Primary Care. Here you will find everything you need to know as a participating practice, especially about Facilitation from your Practice Facilitator (PF), data, health information technology (HIT) support from your Clinical Health Information Technology Advisor (CHITA), and Regional Health Connector (RHC).
Before Project Kickoff (All practices have completed)
Practice Agreement Form
This form confirms your participation in ENSW. It explains what is expected of your practice and the benefits you will receive. By signing, your practice agrees to the details contained in the agreement.
Business Associate Agreement (BAA)
Several times throughout ENSW, your practice will submit medical records data for clinical quality measures. These data will go to the DARTNet Institute. Instituting this BAA between your practice and DARTNet ensures that DARTNet protects all data your practice submits for ENSW.
Data use Agreement (DUA)
Data collected by DARTNet Institute will also be visible by the University of Colorado. Having a DUA between your practice and the University of Colorado ensures that the University of Colorado protects all data that your practice submits for ENSW.
Provides information about your practice demographics and characteristics. This survey was used to create your personalized Practice Improvement Plan (PIP) and Data Quality Improvement Plan (DQIP). All participating practices have completed this.
Baseline Member Survey
Completed by all practice members and provides information about practice culture and quality improvement activities. All participating practices have completed this.
Receive your $250 stipend upon completion of surveys.
Practice Improvement Plan (PIP)
This is the beginning of your collaboration with your practice facilitator to improve outcomes related to cardiovascular health for your patients.
Data Quality Improvement Plan (DQIP)
This report is the beginning of your collaboration with the clinical health information technology advisor (CHITA) who will assist your practice in the integration and effective utilization of HIT.
During the Kickoff meeting the PIP and DQIP will be reviewed and completed. A meeting will be scheduled with the practice’s QI team to prepare for quarterly reporting and data reviews for Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs). Practices will also learn about resources available, including e-Learning registration information. Practices will review action items/next steps with the PF, CHITA. The goals identified at this meeting will determine your nine months of facilitation and primary areas of focus.
During 9 Months of Practice Facilitation
- Meet two times a month with your PF.
- Work with your CHITA to understand the required CQMs to be reported in DARTNet.
- The DARTNet Institute is a collaboration of practice-based research networks that are building a national collection of data from electronic health records, claims, and patient-reported outcomes.
- Click here to learn about DARTNet, what is required, when, and resources on how to obtain them.
- Work with your CHITA to report your baseline, 3-month, and 6-month CQMs.
- Attend two Collaborative Learning Sessions
- Provide an opportunity to connect with clinicians and staff from across the state who are working towards similar goals. It allows us to bring together teams to network and share their experiences with peers. The Collaborative Learning Sessions (CLS) provide a venue for your team to not only disseminate your ideas, but to gain new perspectives and network with peers. Each CLS has initiative-specific breakouts with speakers who are experts in their fields. These sessions offer training on related clinical content and strategic planning to help your team improve momentum in your practice transformation goals. CME is available.
- Click here to learn more about Collaborative Learning Sessions.
- Who should attend? Anyone in your practice involved in ENSW is invited to attend, which includes providers, MAs, or office staff. We hope to see at least two individuals from each practice at each CLS.
- Access e-Learning modules and other training resources by clicking here.
- Email your PF if you need your registration code for the e-Learning website.
Practice Facilitation 9-Month Follow-up
- Wrap up meeting with your Practice Facilitator (may include the RHC and CHITA).
- Work with your CHITA to report your 9-month Clinical Quality Measure and develop a plan for reporting 12 and 15-month Clinical Quality Measures.
- Connect with your Regional Health Connector.
- Complete the 9-Month Practice Survey one of two ways listed below. This survey provides updated information about your practice’s demographics and other characteristics. Only one practice survey should be submitted per practice, but multiple practice members can contribute to complete this survey. The ENSW team will use the information to conduct critical analysis to describe the important work you have done during the project.
- Complete the 9-Month Member Survey one of two ways listed below. The 9-Month Practice Member Survey is an anonymous survey and should be completed by all practice members (staff and clinicians). This survey will provide the ENSW team with information about your practice culture and quality improvement activities. We need a mandatory completion rate of at least 70%.
- Complete the 15-Month Practice Survey one of two ways listed below. This survey provides updated information about your practice’s demographics and other characteristics. Only one practice survey should be submitted per practice, but multiple practice members can contribute to complete this survey. The ENSW team will use the information to conduct critical analysis to describe the important work you have done during the project.
- Complete the 15-Month Practice Member Survey one of two ways listed below. The 15-Month Practice Member Survey is an anonymous survey and should be completed by all practice members (staff and clinicians). This survey will provide the ENSW team with information about your practice culture and quality improvement activities.
- Receive your $250 stipend upon completion of surveys.
- Keep in touch with your Regional Health Connector.
Beyond 15 Months
- You will receive a packet within 90 days of completion which will include the following:
- Practice Results
- Certificate of Completion
- Letter of Appreciation
- Information on how to extend your PRIME registration if applicable
- Overall ENSW results will be posted online as well as emailed to your practice.
- Want to stay involved in practice transformation?
- Want to stay involved with practice-based research?
- Search The Catalog to find out more about practice advancement that will help you:
- Improve your workflow
- Increase office efficiency
- Optimize your EHR
- Elevate patient care