- This event has passed.
Cyber Security Requirements Under the Quality Payment Program and Merit-Based Incentive Payment System
August 15, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) of 2015 advanced the goal of tying Medicare payments to quality and value. In April 2016, CMS released a proposed rule for MACRA, renaming it the Quality Payment Program (QPP). Under QPP, clinicians receive payments through the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), a pay-for-performance system that adjusts payments based on measures derived from prior care. Physicians can be exempted from MIPS and received bonus payments by demonstrating sufficient participation in advanced alternative payment models (AAPMS). Currently, most physicians participate in MIPS.
Physicians who participate in the QPP/MIPS Program must also comply with specific cybersecurity requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and MACRA.
This webinar will provide an overview of these cyber security requirements in order to enhance physicians ability to comply with these legislative mandates. At the end of webinar participants will be able achieve the following learning objectives:
1) Will be able to define the QPP and the MIPS
2) Will be able to define HIPAA and its three basic rules
3) Will be able to define Cybersecurity
4) Will be able to recite three Cybersecurity Authorities
5) Will able to define Security Risk Analysis (SRA) and its five elements as part of the MIPS and
6) Will be able to access Cybersecurity Resources for their clinical practice