For IT MATTTRs PTOs
A growing number of aligned practice transformation programs including SIM and TCPi will offer IT MATTTRs Colorado team training for participating practices. Any Practice Facilitator who completes the IT MATTTRs Colorado "Train the Trainer" course will be welcome and encouraged to provide IT MATTTRs Colorado team training to practices they support.
30 Practice Facilitators are eligible to participate in the 12-hour "Train the Trainer" IT MATTTRs Colorado curriculum. In addition, up to 45 practices will receive IT MATTTRs Colorado team training through grant funding.
Providers can receive up to 4 hours of CME after receiving the Practice Team Training by an American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) approved curriculum trainer. Additional information coming soon!
The High Plains Research Network (HPRN) and the Colorado Research Network (CaReNet) worked with the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), local community practice coaches, and research liaisons to create a curriculum to train the entire practice team staff on how to provide a comprehensive medication assisted therapy (MAT) program for patients with opioid use disorder (OUD).
The IT MATTTRs Practice Team Training curriculum contains four 1-hour modules:
- Module 1: Opioids, Receptors, Colorado, and You – Epidemiology, science and pharmacology of opioids, addiction, and medication assisted treatment
- Module 2: The Patient - Identifying, preparing, treating, and managing the patient
- Module 3: The Practice - Preparing the practice, facility, and staff to offer MAT
- Module 4: Special Populations - Offering care to special populations like adolescents and pregnant women
- Module 5: SBIRT - (Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment)
The Practice Team Training will help you to identify and assess patients who are appropriate for MAT, apply knowledge of buprenorphine to manage patients with OUD, discuss psychiatric and co-morbidities associated with OUD, and help you to build a clinical team that has knowledge, skills, and resources to treat OUD.
For practices that have a MAT certified prescriber, the practice team training will equip all staff members with the expertise and tools to support a successful MAT program within a clinic.
- PTOs will receive $1200 for every practice that completes the 5-session series training.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org when you have completed the five sessions and the practice has completed all pre and post-training surveys. We will send you an invoice to sign and return.
- Practices will receive $1400 upon completion of the 5-session series. Payment will be made to the practice at the same time the PTO receives payment.
- Click Here to Request Additional MATerial's
- IT MATTTRs Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 1 v5.14.18
- IT MATTTRs Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 2 v5.14.18
- IT MATTTRs Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 3 v5.14.18
- IT MATTTRs Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 4_v5.14.18
- Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 5
- Behavioral Health Team Training - Modules 1-2
- Behavioral Health Team Training - Modules 3-4
- Behavioral Health Team Training - Modules 5-6
- TED Talk Video - Johann Hari: Everything You Think You Know About Addiction is Wrong
- Video - Macklemore "Drug Dealer"
- Video - Macklemore discussing opioids with President Barack Obama
Drop In: Clinical Q & A (3.1.2018)
Drop In: Getting Started (1.29.2018)
All Resources for Active Practice Facilitators
- Blank Scope of Work
- Practice Agreement
- Each practice must have a signed Practice Agreement in order to receive compensation.
- Practice Survey - Only one person per practice needs to complete this survey.
- Practice Member Survey - The 9-Month Practice Member Survey is an anonymous survey and should be completed by all practice members (all staff and clinicians). We need a mandatory completion rate of at least 70%.
What is a Field Note?
- It is a way to help us understand on an ongoing basis what is going on in the practice. Open-ended comment fields give us the content that is needed to understand practices’ progress.
- Please complete a field note after each contact with the practice team, such as a meeting or conference call.
- What type of information is IT MATTTRs 2 looking for in field notes?
- Details to help us understand ratings.
- Practice team attitudes, reactions, and quotations.
- Progress and challenges
- Practice context (e.g., turnover, barriers).
- Nuances that can’t be captured with multiple-choice questions.
- Help us understand the practice’s story. For example:
- This practice is highly motivated and positive with moving forward on their IT MATTTRs 2 goals. They contemplated where they currently are as a practice and where they would like to go both with the MAT training and the prescribing of buprenorphine. They were highly open to feedback and advice; wanting to make their goals actionable.
- Discussing challenges, such as, the practice’s perception of becoming a ‘pain clinic’ by offering buprenorphine to their patients. What are their main concerns? Did everyone who attended the module share those same views? Did the discussion end on a positive note or are there still concerns?
- What is done with this information?
- Field notes are just one of the data sources that IT MATTTRs 2 is using to document participating practices’ experiences and progress. The information we learn from field notes will help us understand barriers and what types of services are most valuable and beneficial for practices. Overall, the information will be used to improve similar programs in the future.
- Post Facilitation Practice Survey - Only one person per practice needs to complete this survey.
- Complete the Practice Survey online HERE
- Post Facilitation Practice Member Survey - The Practice Member Survey is an anonymous survey and should be completed by all practice members (all staff and clinicians). We need a mandatory completion rate of at least 70%.
- Complete the Practice Member Survey online HERE