For IT MATTTRs PTOs
A growing number of aligned practice transformation programs including SIM and TCPi will offer IT MATTTRs Colorado team training for participating practices. Any Practice Facilitator who completes the IT MATTTRs Colorado "Train the Trainer" course will be welcome and encouraged to provide IT MATTTRs Colorado team training to practices they support.
30 Practice Facilitators are eligible to participate in the 12-hour "Train the Trainer" IT MATTTRs Colorado curriculum. In addition, up to 45 practices will receive IT MATTTRs Colorado team training through grant funding.
Providers can receive up to 4 hours of CME after receiving the Practice Team Training by an American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) approved curriculum trainer. Additional information coming soon!
The High Plains Research Network (HPRN) and the Colorado Research Network (CaReNet) worked with the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), local community practice coaches, and research liaisons to create a curriculum to train the entire practice team staff on how to provide a comprehensive medication assisted therapy (MAT) program for patients with opioid use disorder (OUD).
The IT MATTTRs Practice Team Training curriculum contains four 1-hour modules:
- Module 1: Opioids, Receptors, Colorado, and You – Epidemiology, science and pharmacology of opioids, addiction, and medication assisted treatment
- Module 2: The Patient - Identifying, preparing, treating, and managing the patient
- Module 3: The Practice - Preparing the practice, facility, and staff to offer MAT
- Module 4: Special Populations - Offering care to special populations like adolescents and pregnant women
- Module 5: SBIRT - (Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment)
The Practice Team Training will help you to identify and assess patients who are appropriate for MAT, apply knowledge of buprenorphine to manage patients with OUD, discuss psychiatric and co-morbidities associated with OUD, and help you to build a clinical team that has knowledge, skills, and resources to treat OUD.
For practices that have a MAT certified prescriber, the practice team training will equip all staff members with the expertise and tools to support a successful MAT program within a clinic.
- PTOs will receive $1200 for every practice that completes the 5-session series training.
- email email@example.com when you have completed the five sessions and the practice has completed all pre and post-training surveys. We will send you an invoice to sign and return.
- Practices will receive $1400 upon completion of the 5-session series. Payment will be made to the practice at the same time the PTO receives payment.
- Click Here to Request Additional MATerial's
- IT MATTTRs Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 1 v5.14.18
- IT MATTTRs Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 2 v5.14.18
- IT MATTTRs Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 3 v5.14.18
- IT MATTTRs Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 4_v5.14.18
- Primary Care Practice Team Training - Module 5
- Behavioral Health Team Training - Modules 1-2
- Behavioral Health Team Training - Modules 3-4
- Behavioral Health Team Training - Modules 5-6
- TED Talk Video - Johann Hari: Everything You Think You Know About Addiction is Wrong
- Video - Macklemore "Drug Dealer"
- Video - Macklemore discussing opioids with President Barack Obama
Drop In: Clinical Q & A (3.1.2018)
Drop In: Getting Started (1.29.2018)
All Resources for Active Practice Facilitators
- Blank Scope of Work
- Practice Agreement
- Each practice must have a signed Practice Agreement in order to receive compensation.
- Practice Survey - Only one person per practice needs to complete this survey.
- Practice Member Survey - The 9-Month Practice Member Survey is an anonymous survey and should be completed by all practice members (all staff and clinicians). We need a mandatory completion rate of at least 70%.