6 Building Blocks
CCHN and the University of Colorado's Department of Family Medicine (UC-DFM) are collaborating on a CDPHE-supported grant to provide training and implementation support for practices to implement and improve practices of safe opioid management. The Six Building Blocks project is an opportunity for practices to learn and share evidence-based practices in the areas of pain and safe opioid management, with a goal to improve care for patients with chronic pain and/or on chronic opioid therapy. It is a 15-month project based on an evidence-based change package of guideline-driven care for patients with chronic pain and patients on long-term opioid therapy.
If you want to learn how your practice can participate in this initiative - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participating sites will:
- Form a QI team to meet with a CCHN practice facilitator monthly, for 15 months (quarterly in-person visits, monthly Zoom/virtual meetings on off-months)
- Participate in shared learning calls with sites and expert pain management consultants
- Submit data quarterly
- Submit provider roster
- Participate in evaluation activities
Practice facilitation will begin in January and February. Please email the Project Manager Daniel Pacheco if you would like to to sign up or request more information.
Practices will receive $2,500 to support time and reporting. This is in addition to receiving no cost practice facilitation and clinical health information technology support.
For Practices Currently Receiving Practice Facilitation
Each participating practice should have key individuals from their team register for one of two project kickoff webinars:
These webinars are for the lead medical provider, lead behavioral health provider, or other QI team members who would be working on this project to start off on the same page. The webinars will be the same, so individuals are required to attend just one, but are more than welcome to attend both.
- Practice Survey - Only one person per practice needs to complete this survey.
- COMING SOON
- Post Facilitation Practice Survey - Only one person per practice needs to complete this survey.
- COMING SOON