Team Training for Practices
The High Plains Research Network (HPRN) and the Colorado Research Network (CaReNet) worked with the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), local community practice coaches, and research liaisons to create a curriculum to train the entire practice team staff on how to provide a comprehensive MAT program for patients with OUD.
The Practice Team Training will help you to identify and assess patients who are appropriate for MAT, apply knowledge of buprenorphine to manage patients with OUD, discuss psychiatric diagnoses and co-morbidities associated with OUD, and help you to build a clinical team that has knowledge, skills, and resources to treat OUD.
For practices that have a MAT certified prescriber, the practice team training will equip all staff members with the expertise and tools to support a successful MAT program within a clinic.
***We will be offering a Live Online Practice Team Training via Zoom!***
• $1400 paid to the clinic to offset time spent in training
• "Live" training via Zoom: 4 Tuesdays
• July 21, July 28, August 3, August 11 12pm-1pm
To sign up please follow this link
The IT MATTTRs Practice Team Training curriculum contains five 1-hour modules:
- Pharmacology of Pure opioid agonists
- Neurobiology of Opioid Use DisordersEpidemiology of Prescription Opioid Misuse and Heroin Use
- Legislation: Drug Addiction Treatment Act (DATA 2000)
- MAT Pharmacology
- Full Opioid Antagonists
- Partial Opioid Agonists
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Neurobiologic principles
- Patient Assessment
- Informed Consent for Medication Management
- Role of Non-Pharmacotherapy
- Behavioral health treatment
- Patient Monitoring
- Clinical & behavioral
- Relapse and ongoing care
- Patient Centered Practice
- Office Management
- Medication Management
- Role of Non-Pharmacotherapy
- Behavioral health integration
- Patient Monitoring
- Induction and Stabilization, communicating with patients
- Long term follow-up
- Adolescents and Young Adults
- Pregnancy, Neonatal Abstinence, Breastfeeding
- Medical Co-Morbidities:
- Psychiatric Co-Morbidities
- Psychiatric Assessment, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorders, Trauma and Stressor-related Disorders (PTSD), Personality Disorder
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Pain and addiction
- Use of opioid analgesics
- Buprenorphine Maintenance
The IT MATTTRs Practice Team Training curriculum for behavioral health organizations contains 6 modules completed in five sessions:
Any practice in the state of Colorado that has at least one provider with a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine. Each practice must commit to having all staff receive the 5 hours of training on the IT MATTTRs Curriculum.
Practice facilitation will begin in early January. Please fill out an interest form and we will contact you to schedule your practice facilitation.
Practices will receive $1,400 for completing the five-session series.
SIM Practices can participate in one of two ways.
- Practices who are currently participating in SIM can incorporate the IT MATTTRs curriculum into their efforts and not receive additional compensation. Due to the fact that SIM practices are already being compensated, they can not receive double compensation for the same time spent.
- Both practices who are currently in SIM and completed SIM can do IT MATTTRs in addition to their SIM efforts and receive additional compensation.
For Practices Currently Receiving Practice Facilitation
- Practice Survey - Only one person per practice needs to complete this survey.
- Practice Member Survey - The Practice Member Survey is an anonymous survey and should be completed by all practice members (all staff and clinicians). We need a mandatory completion rate of at least 70%.
- Post Facilitation Practice Survey - Only one person per practice needs to complete this survey.
- Complete the Practice Survey online HERE
- Post Facilitation Practice Member Survey - The Practice Member Survey is an anonymous survey and should be completed by all practice members (all staff and clinicians). We need a mandatory completion rate of at least 70%.
- Complete the Practice Member Survey online HERE
How do practices get started with their free year-long trial of OpiSafe? Simply direct them to http://opisafe.com/signup/itmatttrs to registered through the IT MATTTRs project. The OpiSafe team will identify the provider as participating in IT MATTTRs, then guide them through training and support to begin using the software. Providers will have a FREE one year license to OpiSafe through the project.
- Providers that attend the IT MATTTRs team training receive up to 4 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. We want this to be an easy and simple step for you. All you need to do is hand out letters to physicians and non-physicians for their CME records. You are welcome to pre-fill the letter date, training location, and training date (use the Module 4 date), but we recommend leaving the “name and degree” section blank for a practice manager or provider to complete. If you have questions specific to CME, please feel free to reach out to Kristen Curcija firstname.lastname@example.org